My name is Peeta. I am a prisoner of the capitol. My goal is to keep Katniss Everdeen
alive but, as the cold of the stone under my body creeps through my skin, into my soul, I feel all the hope and happiness in my barely beating heart deteriorate into the ceaseless darkness that has me in a choke hold and no intention on letting go until every shred of light has been ripped from me and I am an empty shell, a blank canvas, for the capitol to mold to their liking. I am in the worse stage of the hunger games and I know things can only become more painful as I hear heavy footfalls in the distant... heading in my direction.

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Hive (Chapter seven)

I am sitting under the tree where Katniss sits stranded, waiting to die. I feel tears prick at the corners of my eyes but I blick them away. They could be easily seen by the other carrers in the light of our tourches. The carrers. How could I possibly team up with the carrers? To stay alive, of course. Now, though, as I sit next to the sleeping figure of Cato I feel second thoughts creep into my head. Suddenly I hear a sawing nose coming from above. I crawl to the edge of my group's temoary shelter to see Katniss sawing away at a unshual looking hive.
 What is it? Is it a form of escape? I have no more time to question her motives before the hive crashes to the ground with a sicking thud. Suddenly thousands of small insects emerge from their demolished home with much rage. They swarm around all the other carrers and chaoes erupts as children scatter in all directions. I, being one of the targets of the insects, flew towards the entance of the woods before a sharp pain in my thigh sends my crashing towards the ground. I see the yellow-jaket like animal send its enormous stinger into my stomach and I yell out in pain.
My eyes shut in agony, but soon shot back open when I see a sparkling Katniss standing before me. She smiles and kisses me on the forehead before sending a stinger straight in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment