My name is Peeta. I am a prisoner of the capitol. My goal is to keep Katniss Everdeen
alive but, as the cold of the stone under my body creeps through my skin, into my soul, I feel all the hope and happiness in my barely beating heart deteriorate into the ceaseless darkness that has me in a choke hold and no intention on letting go until every shred of light has been ripped from me and I am an empty shell, a blank canvas, for the capitol to mold to their liking. I am in the worse stage of the hunger games and I know things can only become more painful as I hear heavy footfalls in the distant... heading in my direction.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Real (chapter 25-27)

When I first came back to Twelve and showed Katniss the Primroses, I thought she would slap me, yell at me, or declare her hatred. To my surprise, she didn't. She only gave a curt nod and ran back into the house. I thought at first that she wouldn't want to have anything to do with me, but we soon grow close together agian. When the time came that I had worked up the courage to kiss her, it was like the kiss on the beach of the quater quell. I gave her a protection that she had always wanted... needed. So when I asked the question, I already knew the awnser.
"You love me. Real or not real."
She looks straight in to my eyes and whispers," Real."

No comments:

Post a Comment