My name is Peeta. I am a prisoner of the capitol. My goal is to keep Katniss Everdeen
alive but, as the cold of the stone under my body creeps through my skin, into my soul, I feel all the hope and happiness in my barely beating heart deteriorate into the ceaseless darkness that has me in a choke hold and no intention on letting go until every shred of light has been ripped from me and I am an empty shell, a blank canvas, for the capitol to mold to their liking. I am in the worse stage of the hunger games and I know things can only become more painful as I hear heavy footfalls in the distant... heading in my direction.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

She's a mutt (Chaters 13-15)

I don't fight the restraints that tie me to the bed, but what reason is there anyway? Katniss is gone, I've lost my chance.
'Why are you doing this to me? I don't want to kill her."
Why not Peeta. She's a dirty mutt. She killed your family, Peeta.
'My family?' I can feel my pulse quicken, 'What did you say about my family?'
Shhhh, Peeta, quite, someones coming.
'Its not like they can hear you, idiot'
Who knows what these doctors have done to you.
'Good point...'
I blocked out the voice when I saw a pretty blonde girl enter my hospital room. Who is that? Is she working with the mutt? Why is she in my room? My brain goes foggy again when the voice interrupts my thoughts.
Wow, that's an improvement from the mutt.
'Shut up.'
Whatever, Peeta.
I turn my attention back to the girl, who is crossing the room as if I was some injured animal. I see her smile and I can feel something twinge in the back of my brain. Who is she?
"Peeta?" She whispers gently, "Its Delly. From home"
"Delly" I know that name.
'Who's Delly?'
She's from your district. Imagine her... fatter.
"Delly. It's you."
"Yes!" She seems to let out a sigh, "How do you feel?"
"Awful."
'Here is my chance to get some answers.'
You might not want them.
I ignore the voice and press Delly, "Where are we? What happened?"
Delly gives an aged smile and tells me that we live in Thirteen now.
'Why would we live in thirteen?'
Our lovely Mockingjay wanted your family dead
Delly continues to talk, trying to avoid what happened in Twelve.
'What happened?'
Silence.
'I know you know.'
There was a fire
"There was a fire."
Delly hesitates, "Yes"
And guess whose fault it was, Peeta. IT WAS KATNISS! THE MUTT DID IT! She killed everyone. She destroyed... everything.
"Twelve burned down, didn't it? Because of her."
Yes Peeta. She destroyed everything. Doesn't that make you mad, Peeta?
"Because of Katniss!"
"Oh no Peeta." I can see her back up slightly, "It wasn't her fault."
Don't listen to her. She's lying to them. She tricked Delly.
"Did she tell you that?" My voice is a low hiss
""She didn't have to."
Katniss is a liar
The mutt's a liar
 Shes backing up more, "I was-"
"Because she's lying! She's a lair!"
Good boy
"You can't believe anything she says!"
Tell them Peeta. Tell them what she really is.
"She's some kind of mutt the Capitol created to use against the rest of us!"
Delly looks despriate and lost, "No. Peeta. She's not a-"
Don't let Delly get killed! Katniss will kill her liked she tried to kill you!
"Don't trust her Delly," I shout, I don't want Delly to die. "I did and she tried to kill me. She killed my friends. My family. Don't even go near her! She's a mutt!"
Perfect Peeta.
"A mutt! She's a stinking mutt!"
Delly is pulled out of the that she was slowly making her way towards. I know I only have a few moments before the doctors come back to examine me again. To poke at me and dissect me like some disgusting, useless lab rat.
You know Katniss was watching right, Peeta?
I couldn't help the smile forming on my lips, "Good."

No comments:

Post a Comment