My name is Peeta. I am a prisoner of the capitol. My goal is to keep Katniss Everdeen
alive but, as the cold of the stone under my body creeps through my skin, into my soul, I feel all the hope and happiness in my barely beating heart deteriorate into the ceaseless darkness that has me in a choke hold and no intention on letting go until every shred of light has been ripped from me and I am an empty shell, a blank canvas, for the capitol to mold to their liking. I am in the worse stage of the hunger games and I know things can only become more painful as I hear heavy footfalls in the distant... heading in my direction.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rescue (Chapters 10-12)

"Get up, Peeta," Johanna wakes me with a kick to the gut.
"Hey," Suddenly it hits me that Johanna is standing in my cell, ""what are you doing here?"
"The guards told me to get you." She shrugs and tosses a large piece of paper my way, "We have to find new cells."
"New cells?"
She gives me another shrug and pulls me to my feet. We follow the map without a word and soon find small, empty cells.
"They're small," I say after walking the length of the first cell.
"They don't have any turtore devises." Johanna adds, the relief apparent in her voice, "The guards said to pick two cells, because the rest of us will be coming."
"Us?"
""Beats me," Johanna gives a third shrug, "just pick a cell."
I sigh and pick the first cell in the row. Once Johanna makes it clear that she doesn't want to talk, I settle down and stare at the stone ceiling.
When the other prisoners come in, I can neither see them or speak to them due to a stern warning from a burly, short-tempered guard. He leans against the wall outside my cell and watches me with narrow, heavily hooded eyes. After what seems like eternity, he kicks off the wall and leaves without a sound.
'Why is he leaving?'
They have arrived
'Who?'
The voice has no chance to answer when we hear the first bang. I hear shouts, screams, and the scuffle of boots and soon the face of Gale Hawthorne peering through the bars.
"What are you doing here?" I ask, gritting my teeth.
"I'm here to rescue you." He jingles a key in my face and pulls the bars open.
The only thing I want right now is to punch him the face, but I keep my composure and follow him as he menovers the hallways with ease. We soon reach a surface and he ushers me into a hovercraft where we are transported to District 13.
'That was... easy'
President Snow wants Katniss to see the new you
'The new me?'
You'll see soon
*************************************************************************************************************
The rest of the next couple days go by in a blur. They scan me and check me into the hospital and people come in and out, asking me questions and probing me with needles. The world was a big white blur, until she came into my view.
A push away the trio of doctors examining me and move swiftly towards her. She looks the same, long brown hair and seam grey eyes.
'My mission. My mission.'
She extend out to me.
Good Peeta. Don't forget the mission.
'my mission. My mission'
I reach out my hands and lock them around her throat.
'I will kill the capitol mutt Katniss. That is my mission.'

No comments:

Post a Comment