My name is Peeta. I am a prisoner of the capitol. My goal is to keep Katniss Everdeen
alive but, as the cold of the stone under my body creeps through my skin, into my soul, I feel all the hope and happiness in my barely beating heart deteriorate into the ceaseless darkness that has me in a choke hold and no intention on letting go until every shred of light has been ripped from me and I am an empty shell, a blank canvas, for the capitol to mold to their liking. I am in the worse stage of the hunger games and I know things can only become more painful as I hear heavy footfalls in the distant... heading in my direction.

Monday, August 1, 2011

The true Katniss (Chapter five)

"Who are you?" I scream up at the mutt hovering over me.
"I am Katniss." It states simply
"You... speak... English?"
"Of course," a nasty laugh escapes its snarling lips, "all citizens of the capitol speak English."
I sit up slightly and feel Katniss's fur brush my skin through the holes in my clothing. Katniss lets out another laugh at what was probably a shocked expression.
Katniss leaps of my body and circles me as if I am prey, "Silly Peeta, you actually thought I was a member of District 12?"
I slowly nod, my eyes trained on the true form of Katniss.
"I was made in the capitol and sent to District 12 to kill all those who are innocent."
I can feel my eyes grow wide, "Wha- what?"
"I was never real. Our friendship was all an act, Peeta, and now that I am the face of the rebellion, I will kill every living man, women, and child who dare deify the capitol." 
Katniss's grey eyes cloud over with rage. She bounds back towards me and latches her fangs on my neck once again. The world is plunged into a sickening and familiar darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment